Records of Single Children

Records of unmarried sons and daughters resemble the previous two sections without the information about spouses or children.  Just like the previous two examples, a son’s record will start with 子 (자, Ja) and a daughter’s record will start with 女 (여, Yeo).  It will then have the HanJa version of their given names.  Usually at least a birth date follows the given name, but sometimes only the gender and given name are provided.

Leave a Reply